12.10.11

Fill the Frame



Since there are so much happenings in the garden, I have easily filled many frames.


The first image is of a dragonfly on my lemon grass; one of my favourite herb.


The cosmos flowers have attracted many butterflies and I wanted to capture as many as possible in a single frame.
Alas, I managed to fill 3 butterflies in one frame but decided that less is more attractive.


There are many lady beetles too.
The above is dotted while the one below comes with stripes.



Capturing 2 lady beetles in one frame is definitely a delight!
I am glad that their family planning is about increasing their population.
They live dangerous lifestyles with booby traps surrounding them.
A lady beetle flew right into the web below but wriggled and escaped.



The spider was visibly upset though.

Back to filling frames for the contest.
Would flowers without critters be better choices?



Your input is much appreciated.

=========

13.10.11

After putting in much thought, the garden web is the one that really fills the frame...to the brim, in fact.
So, I shall select the spider with the cobweb as my entry for Picture This Photo Contest in Gardening Gone Wild.

Linking up with Macro Friday

21 comments:

  1. Oh sure pick just one. I love the drogonfly and the spider with web..of course the last flower is gorgeous too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous pictures. Especially the insects. Especially the dragonfly. Especially the ladybirds. Especially . . .

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing shots, I can't seem to choose any as i love all of them! I will PM you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first lady bird.I think it is the best in composition and technically. It has movement and make your eye scan the image. A very pretty shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow .... so beautiful ... fantastic pictures ...
    LG: Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful pictures - I honestly wouldn't know which one to pick! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last flower is definitely a fab shot but I think the spider with the web is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so beautiful but I love the bokeh in the shot with the striped lady bug at the tip of the grass. So sweet. You've captured a lot of goings-on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say which to pick? The photos are all so good. I like the lady bugs and the little pink flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like all of them... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The spider with the web is my favorite! I think this is a tough challenge, and I have not found something to submit...as of yet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like them all! If I had to narrow it down I like the spider and the ladybug! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those ladybugs look amazing. How close they look. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A delight to go through your posts! Getting three butterflies in a frame would be impossible for me! About those tiny bugs too, usually just one in a single shot...that's what I get. Your shots are stunning!! As for the flowers I feel they look better with a bug on them!;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You took gorgeous photos! Each shot is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful shots..specially 3rd one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT 'fill the frames'!! ALL of them! the lady bug looks like she's coated with some kind of gloss...shellac...all shiny!
    beautiful pictures! OH, LOVE the spooky header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful shots! The spider one is fantastic, especially with that ladybug on the web..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really nice submission to the GGW contest. Great way to fill the frame with the spider's web and cropping to accent the spider off center. Since all the lines lead to that spider I think it should be a bit sharper. And while it IS a great composition I don't think it tells as strong a story as some of your other photos in your post. The solitary lady bug on the solitary leaf is sublime.

    ReplyDelete